Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Painting Party Part 2- Homemade Paint

I didn't want to spend a ton of money on purchasing paint for S's pary so I looked around for some homemade paint recipe. It was very hard finding a recipe but I found one that was a no cooking one. 

It's just a few basic ingredients so making this paint should be FREE!

All you need is:
Water
Flour
Food Coloring
Mixing Bowl
Spoon

Mix together the water and flour until you have the desired consistency. Add food coloring until you have the right color. That's it!!! It's so easy! I found that the Wilton Food colorings made a nicer color but regular food coloring worked well. 


S and I tried it out. She had so much fun using it. We went through about 10 sheets of paper.
The paint came out like a water color consistency and was a little grainy. On the plus side, it seemed to dry faster than regular paint does!

No comments:

Post a Comment